Saturday, 10 March 2018

Duppatton Ki Kahani

I am an architect by qualification. I often used to wear kurtas to college and hence had a lot of duppatta of various colours. My mom had collected them and kept them very neatly for me over the years. So finally last year I decided to use a few of them.
For my younger daughter the purple salwar was stitched from one of the old dupattas. Her kurta was made from normal white lining material (easily available for Rs.70 per metre).
For my ensemble, the kurta was stitched from one of the old dupattas. I bought the green salwar and dupatta from a clearance sale.
My elder daughter wanted something funky. So she combined a crop top with a blue scarf that I fashioned out of an old piece of clothing. Her salwar was bought from the same clearance sale.
The complete look cost me under RS.2000/- and was worn at a Holi lunch in my society.

13 comments: