Saree ki Kahani...Episode 12
We baniya bahus get sarees from our inlaws during marriage...and the number of sarees one gets is veryyyy important. I got 11 silk sarees that I was really proud of.
This saree in the picture was a part of that same collection. Wore it a few times in my initial years of marriage and that too only in winters.(I firmly believe that every saree has a particular weather it needs to be worn in ). Twenty years back these shaded sarees were a huge rage. In fact almost all my sarees had this shading in some form or other. Now it looks really outdated.
So let's talk about the changes I did to this one, by applying my 'Baniya Buddhi'. Originally the saree had shades of blue which made it look old fashioned so I covered the patch with this bright pink raw silk border and got these sequin polka dots embroidered in golden colour all over the border and on the complete saree. The blouse has a combination because the left over raw silk was enough just for the sleeves and the brocade was expensive:)
The jhumkis were bought from Dariba in Chandni Chowk for Rs.100
No comments:
Post a Comment